Set sail aboard the beautiful 32 metre sailing catamaran, Ocean Spirit, to experience Michaelmas Cay’s unique reef environment - a pristine sand cay surrounded by fringing reef and a protected sanctuary for migratory seabirds. Your cruise will combine motor and sailing, depending on the day’s conditions.
Be active and enjoy all the included activities – snorkel in the cay’s protected shallow waters, cruise in the semi-sub for a diver’s view of the reef, watch the fish feeding presentation and observe the island bird life. Throughout the day, the “beach buggy shuttle” will transfer you between Ocean Spirit and the beach. To protect this renowned bird sanctuary, access on the cay is limited to the roped beach area. If you prefer a more leisurely day on the Great Barrier Reef, relax on the beach or onboard Ocean Spirit’s spacious decks. The choice is yours!
Included in your Ocean Spirit Day:
- Return Ocean Spirit cruise from Cairns.
- 8.5 hours experience with 4 hours on the Reef.
- Morning and afternoon teas.
- Hot and cold buffet lunch including fresh prawns.
- Fish feeding presentation on arrival
- Snorkelling equipment and instruction.
- Buoyancy vests.
- Marine Biologist presentation.
- Semi-submersible coral viewing tour with commentary.
- Glass of complimentary sparkling wine served on the homeward journey, cheese and crackers.
- Lycra suits
Our buffet lunch is catered by a 5 Star Cairns Hotel to meet a variety of tastes and needs, including Gluten Free and vegetarian dishes. If you have any food allergies or specific dietary requirements, please advise at time of booking. Please note an extra charge may apply for some requests.
Daily Departures from Cairns Reef Fleet Terminal
Vessel departs at 8.30am and returns at 5.00pm.
Coach TransfersTour prices are quoted from Cairns Reef Fleet Terminal. Transfers from most Cairns and Northern Beaches hotels/accommodation are available. Pick up times are advised on booking confirmation.
|Return Coach Transfers||Adult||Child|
Optional Activity – Introductory Scuba Diving:
In addition to your cruise fare, you can choose to experience even more of the Great Barrier Reef with an exciting introductory scuba dive. The shallow waters off Michaelmas Cay offer a perfect environment for first time divers. Price $110 per person.
*EMC: $6.50 Government Environmental Management Charge (EMC) is payable per person. This applies to all adults and children 4 years and over entering the Great Barrier Reef World Heritage area and is included in the total price.
- Children 4-14 years. Children under 3 years free of charge.
- Family fare – maximum of 2 adults and 2 children of the same family.
Normal fare applies for additional children. Not applicable with any other discount.
- All schedules, activities and prices may be varied without notice. Listed fares in Australian dollars include Goods and Services Tax. Prices valid to 31 March 2019.